August 16, 2012
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to use Guy’s new Canon 5DM3. Its a beautiful camera, however, when I attempted to load the footage into MStreamCliper, FCP7 Log and Transfer, Compressor or Grinder to convert the native h264 to ProRes422LT– all apps would crash. After some research, I was able to find 5DtoRGB Lite– a free application!
5DtoRGB is widely regarded as one of the best tools for converting footage from HDSLR and other cameras for video editing. Post-production professionals rely on 5DtoRGB every day for its high-quality results.
5DtoRGB Lite offers incredible control over the transcoding process, making it one of the top choices for cinematographers and post-production staff. Features like GPU processing, DPX output and import of custom OpenGL shaders make 5DtoRGB Lite a powerful addition to your video transcoding toolbox.
• Highest quality transcoding available
• Outputs to Apple ProRes 422, 4444 (Apple ProRes codecs must be installed)
• Outputs to DPX sequences
• Supports Canon 5D Mark II, 7D, T2i/T3i, 60D, Panasonic GH1/GH2 and many other camera brands and models
• Gamma correction
• Support for Technicolor’s CineStyle LUT for Canon cameras
• Frame rate conforming (for converting 50/60p clips to slow motion 25/24p clips)
• Direct graphics hardware access using OpenGL-based shaders
The free 5DtoRGB Lite can process one video file at a time. For processing multiple files, check out 5DtoRGB Batch.
What’s New in Version 1.5.9
• Fixes problem with flattening files over 4GB
Been using this for over a year…
I have been using this for some time now, since the beta days.
We use it here at work to convert our 5D MKII h264 files to ProRes 422. You can see a difference for sure. Also, I see a better image coming from this than what Final Cut Pro X does with its own conversions.
I highly reccomend the free download, and I would say if you have a need for converting multiple files at once, the 50 dollar purchase price is incredible!.
Love it and its free!
I love this app! Τhe only missing feature is that you can’t add multiply files together and export ones.