In case it wasn’t clear… Aperture is about to die
“When Photos for OS X is available this spring, Aperture will no longer be available for purchase from the Mac App Store.”
- You won’t be able to buy Aperture new.
- There will be no further development or mechanism to get updates for Aperture.
- It probably means that if you did by it through the Mac App Store, you should be able to still download it for awhile after that.
- I can also tell you after getting hands-on with Apple Photos…. it is not Aperture. It doesn’t do nearly as much as Aperture.
- I will still use it to keep images synced to my phone and tablet (as well as organize my iPhoneography).
Rich Harrington is a photo and video pro based in Washington, DC. He is also the publisher of Photofocus and host of the podcast. Rich has…
View original post 195 more words