This Sony A7s OpenMemories hack allows you to extend the video recording limit time to a maximum of 13 HOURS on any Sony Alpha camera! (Full written guide here.)
Works on all Sony A7 series and A5000, A6000, NEX series cameras with Play Memories Camera Apps support.
- PMCA Downloader plugin download and install.
- Open in Internet Explorer (or Safari Mac) https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/plugin/app/Tweak
- Connect your Sony camera with USB, select MTP USB mode in menu.
- Proceed with OpenMemories tweak app installation.
- Disconnect camera, open Open Memories apps, click video limit > set to maximum.
- Enjoy unlimited recording time!
Install the OpenMemories Tweak here: https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/plugin/app/com.github.ma1co.openmemories.tweak
Full app list: https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/apps
Click back here tomorrow to find out about an app plugin to bypass the $10 Time-lapse Interval Recording App that Sony charges.