September 22, 2011
SugarSync makes it easy to backup, share and access your files, anytime, anywhere. With SugarSync you get online cloud storage for all your files — documents, music, photos, and video. When you make a change or add files on any of your PC or Mac computers, SugarSync automatically syncs your files to the cloud, where you can access them from any Internet-connected device — including your smartphone or iPad.
Watch a video to learn more
Not only does SugarSync store all your data, it also allows you to sync your data to your other computers and devices. During set-up, you tell SugarSync where you want to keep copies of your favorite files, photos, or music and the rest happens automatically. If you work on a document at home in the evening, it’s automatically available on your work computer the next day. No more thumb drives or emailing files to yourself. Everything stays organized and up-to-date so you don’t have to think about it.
Learn more about online file sync
SugarSync’s online backup gives you the power to decide which folders you want to back up on any of your computers. As you work, your files are continuously backed up to your secure, personal SugarSync website. Your data is securely transferred via SSL and is stored using 128-bit AES encryption. Every time you make a change, your work is automatically saved to cloud storage. In fact, SugarSync saves 5 versions of a document so it’s easy to revert to an earlier version. With SugarSync, you just “set it and forget it.” All your data will be there when you need it.
Learn more about online backup
Once your data is safely stored in SugarSync, you can access it anytime from your mobile device. SugarSync has mobile sync applications for iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and Symbian devices. You can easily stream music, view photos or videos, or backup and access any of your work or personal documents — right from your mobile device. For example, show a friend your recent vacation photos on your smartphone, even if they’re stored on your home computer. You have instant access to your data from virtually anywhere!
Learn more about mobile sync, data access and backup
If you travel frequently or often work on multiple computers or devices, you’ll appreciate the freedom SugarSync gives you. With SugarSync, you can easily view or make changes to remote files and documents from a mobile device, a colleague’s computer, or from an Internet cafe at the other side of the world. Just log in to the SugarSync website from any computer with a browser to access your remote data. Any changes you make will be saved and synced back to your other computers. SugarSync gives you the flexibility to leave your laptop behind and know you’ll always have access to your important data.
Learn more about anytime access
SugarSync makes it easy to share files with friends and collaborate with colleagues. SugarSync offers several ways to share information online. Create a “public link” with a single click that you can send out via email, Twitter, or Facebook. You can also share files and photos from your computer or your smartphone — very powerful if you are away from the office and need to get information to someone quickly. You can also share any folder with your virtual team and set optional password protection and sharing permissions. SugarSync makes file sharing and collaborating with your virtual team easy by keeping all your shared files and folders up-to-date and in sync.
Learn more about file sharing
Get started with SugarSync — the best way to access all your data anytime, anywhere. SugarSync is the most complete and powerful way to manage your most important files — from music to photos to video and all kinds of documents and work files. See a comparison chart to learn why SugarSync gets top ratings from the press and our customers. Learn more about SugarSync’s powerful features in the features section.
Click here TO SIGN UP: https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=beacwtopaj99y&utm_source=txemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral
Sign-up for a FREE 5 GIG account...
Some other highlights for the crowd:
- SugarSync offers 5 GB while Dropbox offers 2 GB for free
- The free version of SugarSync has a 25 MB limit for public file sharing. Dropbox has no such thing. That’s a deal breaker if you’re going to be sharing large files (e.g. videos, source codes, design mockups).
- Based on commenter testimonials, SugarSync appears to have much slower upload speeds. I’ve asked SugarSync if they throttle, and they say “No, it’s your ISP’s fault.” The actual transfer speeds of Dropbox and SugarSync seemed comparable when I tested them on my machine, yet it took me days to sync ~60 GB on SugarSync. I think it’s a queuing or infrastructure issue—speed may improve once SugarSync grows.
- Dropbox has LAN sync, which makes syncing between computers on the same network much faster. It also uses less bandwidth for the initial sync, since it doesn’t have to go from your computer to the cloud and then back down again.
- SugarSync lets you sync ANY folder while Dropbox restricts you to one folder and it’s subfolders.
- SugarSync has a nifty music player that sort of rivals Amazon Cloud Player and Google Music (but much less full-featured).
LIKE IT? RATE IT! SHARE IT!!